Wednesday, January 21, 2009

ANOTHER ADVENTURE

As most of you already know, Justin has been activated to deploy to Afghanistan for 12 months. We got out of active duty so we wouldn't have to do this again. It is shocking and I just figured there would be a way to get out of this deployment being national guard, but he is going. In Justin's positive way when he called to tell me he said "Well, I have never been to Afghanistan. It is another adventure." (He was in Iraq last time.) We have done this once and didn't ever expect I would do it again. BUT...here we are and we will get through it like everything we have gone through. Thankfully, his job here in Atlanta has been more than supportive and will be able to slip right back into his job when he gets back. Like other military families, I am so proud to be American and even more proud to be married to a wonderful man who is willing to sacrifice everything he has, literally, not only for our family, but for our country. So here's to you honey! Go get'em! He leaves February 5th for 3 weeks, for training in Louisiana then back for a week or two then off for a year. Please keep all the soldiers and their family's in your prayers. I will continually keep you posted on him and his "endeavours!" Thanks to everyone, all our friends, family, & neighbors for all your love and support. We couldn't get through it without you!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Oh my Laura you are such a strong woman. I will have your family especially your husband in our prayers.

kesli said...

Of course our prayers will be with you guys. Justin is one lucky husband to have you, Laura. We love you all.

Connie said...

That is really hard, to see Justin go again! Be strong! Our prayers will be with him. Your family is so beautiful!

The Moores said...

I am so sorry, I know how hard it was for you last time he went. I can't Imagine how hard it must be for you. you are in my prayers! please know that I am hear if you need me.