Friday, January 30, 2009

FIRST CRUSH

I am laughing so hard that my sweet, sweet daughter that is only 6 (almost 7) told me all about her "boyfriend last night." I had gone to eat lunch with her at her school and the boy sitting across said to me that he didn't like what she called him. I initially thought she was calling him some awful name. I asked him what she called him and in his quiet voice he said "She calls me her boyfriend." Trying to hold back my laughter, I turned to her and asked her about it and she said that she did call him that because she wanted him to be her boyfriend. I kind of ignored it until last night when she talked about it again. She went on and on about how she loved his hair and glasses. She said she loved him and wanted to marry him. She told me that she hoped that he would let her sit by him at lunch. It is so funny. I took me back and made me realize how fast they grow up these days and I want to slow down and enjoy every age because before I know it, she will be grown and gone. I am glad I have many years before she has a true crush and I can enjoy her being little. No boys until she is 30! Hugs to you my sweet girl! I love you!

1 comment:

BillyCheese said...

That is pretty funny. Maybe they can just be friends for a while. She is such a caring person.