Monday, January 12, 2009

CHRISTMAS TIME!

I guess I need to start scheduling in a time to "BLOG" every week since I am so slow. I loved Christmas time this year as I do every year, but it is so much fun as the kids get a bit older and understand more. I wanted to start our own family traditions, so I thought about what I did as a kid and one of my favorite memories was going ice skating. So Christmas Eve, I took the plunge and brought the kids to the ice rink here in Atlanta. They had so much fun and I felt like a kid all over again. Jonah of course lasted 10 minutes but did well and loved it. Hailey would of skated the whole night. She did amazing. She insisted on doing it herself and if I even tried to help her up after she fell, she would yell at me and tell me she wanted to do it by herself. That is so Hailey. She is SO determined and insistent. She had a blast and wants to go back.

Then Christmas! What a wonderful blessing it is to have the opportunity to celebrate the birth of Christ and the precious gift that is. The kids were so much fun and I loved every minute of watching them open their gifts and see the excitement in their eyes. Here a few pictures. A little late but better than never!

P.S. The "stuff" they are throwing on the driveway is food they left for the reindeer!






3 comments:

Terri said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Those mini golf clubs are soo cute :) Hope you guys are doing well.

Heather said...

Hailey's a golfer eh? What fun. Your description of Hailey at the skating rink sounds so funny. That is so Carter. You all look great!

BillyCheese said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Holiday season. I haven't been ice skating for so long. Most likely the last time I went was at the park in Logan. Wow that was a long time ago. It looks like Hailey is having such a wonderful time.


Brian